Thursday, October 9, 2008

Morning Prayer

Last night I went to bed with the news of a deadly shooting in a Knoxville mall, another huge drop in the Dow Industrial Average, the political pandering of a presidential election, and other reports I've already forgotten in the mountain of "bad news."

I SLEPT LIKE A BABY WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD!

I awoke with a prayer in my heart that pushed out of my mouth. It was a prayer of praise and joy because of the goodness of God who orders my footsteps and authors and finishes my life. I wrote a note of excitement to people for whom I pray. I prayed they would accomplish what was ahead of them in the next few days and gather on Sunday to celebrate because of what God had enabled them to do - and this in the face of all the bad news.

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE AND SERVING THE LIVING GOD!

1 comment:

Sheila Atchley said...

Joe, this small blog entry blessed me immensely today. Thank you.

In Him Who is Able,
Sheila Atchley