Friday, June 26, 2009

Proverbs 3:31-35, God's Secret Counsel

When I read these last verses of Prov. 3, it would be easy to judge others, but they make me judge myself. I could easily proclaim judgment on the wicked, but I find myself looking at the wickedness in my flesh.

I am driven to the second part of verse 32 that says, "His (God's) secret counsel is with the upright." My only hope for "uprightness" is in the secret counsel of God, which can only be found through intimate relationship with Him. It is what Adam had walking in the Garden with Him before the rebellion. It is what Paul calls for in Romans 12:2, to know the "perfect will of God."

God's "perfect will" is shown in verse 1 of Romans 12. It is that we have intimate relationship with Him through the sacrifice of our body and "service" to Him, which is worship, not religious activity directed toward men.

My hope is to seek His secret counsel through intimate relationship. I must go now and be with Him!

No comments: