Thursday, June 4, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-8, Learning to Trust

It is so hard to learn to trust in the Lord with "all your heart." As circumstances arise in life, my flesh wants to take over and resolve conflicts, solve problems, or give my own answers to questions. As I practice, I pray I am gaining ground and "acknowledging the Lord in all my ways."

This is the third segment of Prov. 3 that calls on us to get things right in our heart. After all, it is the heart that the Lord searches (Jeremiah 17:10). The heart really is more important than the thoughts or the acts. Thoughts can be cast down and submitted to the Lord (2 Corinthians 10:5). If we act with the wrong heart, we are hypocritical (Jesus to the Pharisees). If we act with the right heart, I believe we will "receive our reward" from the Lord (Matthew 6:1-6).

Again, the promises/rewards are clear -"It will be health to your flesh and sttrength to your bones"- something I certainly need.

No comments: