Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"The Lesson of the River" - Part 7

As I looked downstream, I also looked up. What had been a bright, perfectly clear and cloudless autumn sky was now full of thick clouds that covered the sun and said to me that the rain was coming! Change is coming!

It was time for me to go, and it did not rain on me that day. But I'm excited to be like the patient farmer of James 5:7 waiting patiently for the rain that will come in God's time. I don't particularly like being stuck in a stagnant pool, but the Lord has purpose even in that, and I pray, "Send Your Rain, O, Lord!" and "Thank you for 'The lesson of The River!'"

It is interesting to me that the timing of the end of "The lesson of The River" comes on the day after the presidential election. As I read my Bible this morning, I was in Ezekiel 7, a prophecy of destruction. I believe the rain that is coming is a storm of massive proportions and the American election is just part of a world-wide catastrophe with the elements of Ezekiel 7 and much more. The storm will be like that of Jesus' parable with the houses built on either the rock of His word of the sand of the world (Matt. 7:24-27).

The economies and governments of the world are built on sand that make them look like the "Tower of Babel" with the leaders saying what was said in Genesis 11:4, "Let us make a name for ourselves." There is not thought of serving people so that they can fulfill God's commandment to "be fruitful and multiply...and have dominion" under godly direction. There is only thought of personal gain and humanistic idolatry.

This is not a time to mourn, but a time for the Body of Christ to be like the house that was left standing on Galveston Island earlier this year when Hurricane Ike leveled all the houses around it. If we are truly built on the "Rock of His Word," His light will shine through us and God will be glorified no matter what happens. It will ultimately be a latter rain of harvest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The election is over but praise God,He is still on the throne.
He is still God and He is still in conrol.In this I will be glad and rejoice.

Sheila Atchley said...

I love your illustration re: the one house on Galveston Island left standing. I remember that image - it was powerful!