Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Forty Years Ago

Today I began a new study of the book of Deuteronomy. One of the first things is a recounting of the fact that it took 40 years to make an 11 day journey. I stopped to think back 40 years ago. I was preparing to be ordained into the Gospel Ministry on May 12.

Over the last 40 years I have done a lot of ministry, but I wouldn't call it Gospel Ministry. Oh, it has been as a pastor/teacher in the church/ counselor/minister, but not always a Minister of the Gospel preaching the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of God with His provision of entrance into that Kingdom and the absolute commitment to God as Lord/Master over every aspect of life. Only in recent years have I fully grasped the Lordship of Christ, even though I've preached it a lot longer than that.

There is incredible peace, freedom and hope in truly being in the Kingdom where He is King. I don't know how long He will allow me to preach the Gospel, but I pray I will take advantage of every day He gives me to do it.

No comments: