Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Significant Event

WOW!

It has been three months since I last posted to this blog. I started doing this for my own benefit to give me the discipline to write and do some journaling, but........

Anyway, one of the most significant things in my life happened last week. My 35 year old son, Jody, called to tell me about an experience he had that morning. In his Thursday morning Bible study group, he challenged someone who talked about being a "secret disciple" Jody said there is no such thing. If you are a disciple, it guides you as a way of life.

He based it on something he remembers when he was a youngster going to Vacation Bible School and I came to speak to his class as the pastor of the church. He said I taught them that "Faith" is belief plus action. I gave the example of believing a chair would hold you up but faith was actually sitting in the chair, thus putting belief into action and operating on faith. He said he remembers that everytime he hears the word "faith" and uses it to guide him, as a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. As Paul quoted, "The just shall live by faith."

Let's see all that Paul said in Romans 1:16-17:
For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

Thank you, Jody, for fulfilling my ministry and reminding me to "practice what I preach."

No comments: