Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Online Tests

People are all the time taking online "tests" (seems to be especially popular on Facebook) to determine all sorts of things from interests to personality to where they ought to be to........
I ran across a test that caused me to do some real self-searching.

I was reading Matthew 23 in the Bible. In this chapter Jesus declares all sorts of "woes" to the Scribes and Pharisees, religious leaders of the day. I remember years ago (the 1980's) declaring that we in the modern church are the Scribes and Pharisees of our day.

I found myself doing a lot of self-examination, as I read through the various woes today. I found many that I have worked to overcome, some I still struggle with, and some a source of conviction. How important it is to spend more time "online" in the Bible and "online" in prayer in comparison to being "online" with the internet!!!!!

That is a modern day "woe to be heeded!"

No comments: